Voting Info

Ward 1 locations for voting on October 22nd (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)

City Hall 1 Carden Street
Italian Canadian Club 135 Ferguson Street
Ken Danby Public School 525 Grange Road
École King George Public School 72 Lemon Street
Royal Canadian Legion 57 Watson Parkway South
Victoria Road Recreation Centre 151 Victoria Road North


Ride to Poll: If you, or someone your know, needs a ride to the poll, please let us know. We will get them there and back safely.

Proxy Voting: If you know someone who cannot get to the poll but wants to vote. Be their Proxy. It's easy, you fill out a form at City Hall during regular business hours (including on Election Day), go vote at that person's poll. All the details are at Scroll down to Proxy Voting.


Everything you want to know about voting in Guelph:


Click here to check which ward you are in


Remember to bring identification with you. One piece of ID showing your name and Guelph address is required. The following options are considered acceptable:

  • An Ontario driver’s licence
  • An Ontario Health Card (photo card showing Guelph address on the back) – Please be advised that only certain Ontario Health Cards include address information and only these will be accepted as proof of identity to vote
  • An Ontario Photo Card
  • An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)
  • A cancelled personalized cheque
  • A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to a Guelph property
  • An insurance policy or insurance statement
  • A loan or other financial agreement with a financial institution
  • A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
  • Any other document from the Government of Canada, Ontario or a
    municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government
  • Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian
    Act (Canada)
  • An income tax assessment notice
  • A Child Tax Benefit Statement
  • A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
  • A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS)
  • A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
  • A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
  • A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
  • A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
  • A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
  • A property tax assessment
  • A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement
  • A CNIB Bard or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
  • A hospital card or record
  • A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution
  • A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home
  • A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission
  • A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer
  • A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school
  • A University of Guelph issued letter stating that you are campus resident

Note: It is helpful if you bring your voter notification card with you to the polls but it cannot be used as proof of identity.


Created with NationBuilder